Welcome to Idyllwild School! Our school has been designated a High Achieving Title-1 School and a California Distinguished School by the State Department of Education. The staff is highly dedicated and committed to the belief that all students can learn. The School Site Council provides direction and success to make Idyllwild a safe and nurturing environment for all children. The PTA advocates for students, teachers, and actively supports the instructional standards-based program.
Teachers, principal and parents are committed to:
- focus on learning,
- support and implement research-based educational practices,
- share and use relevant data in a timely manner to differentiate instruction so that all students learn,
- collaborate across and within grade levels and subject matter to achieve our goals,
- implement common educational standards, benchmarks and assessments that provide for in-depth learning,
- be effective team members sharing decision-making and leadership roles,
- be respectful towards all members of the learning community and practice open, diplomatic, honest communication,
- consistently implement a clearly stated school-wide discipline plan that is communicated to all members and that honors the integrity of students,
- be actively involved and have a vested interest in our children’s’ education
Our exemplary staff works in tandem with the support and positive leadership of the community it serves. The business community of Idyllwild supports the school with over 4,000 hours of volunteer time, and financial donations. They recognize the achievements of students and take a very active role as volunteers in classrooms. The community is proud of the school and the work that the staff does to encourage children to grow into competent and caring adults.